Get the latest news from Nation Next in your inbox.
According to the information received from the election department on November 23, five candidates filed nomination papers to contest the upcoming biennial elections of the Maharashtra Legislative Council from local authority constituencies from Nagpur.
Out of the 10 candidates, who registered to contest the elections, five filed their nomination papers.
The five candidates are as follows:
1. Chandrashekhar Bawankule- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
2. Dr Ravindra Bhoyar- Indian National Congress party (INC)
3. Prafulla Gudadhe- Indian National Congress Party (INC)
4. Mangesh Deshmukh- Independent
5. Suresh Revatkar- Independent
The MLC polls would be conducted in December 2021.