IIM Nagpur is launching a two-year MBA for Working Professionals programme in this academic year (2021-22) for mid to senior level executives, who are looking at accelerating their career growth.
The first batch is expected to begin classes in September/October 2021. This programme is planned as a face-to-face in-class programme (the classes may have to be conducted online depending on the prevailing pandemic situation and government restrictions) with classes scheduled on three days a week (either weekday evenings or weekends).
The programme incorporates minimum 750 hours of course work spread over two years, organized into eight terms of three-months each.
The MBA for Working Professionals programme is designed to equip the participants with formal management education and sharpen their skills to enable them to move into senior leadership roles.
The programme aims to develop competent, ethical and professional managers, capable of working in any sector of organized activity, provide leadership and achieve excellence while they contribute to the welfare of their organization as well as the society at large.
Basic Programme Information:
* • Eligibility: Working professionals with minimum 50% marks (or equivalent) in graduation and minimum 3 years of work experience will be eligible to apply.
* • Programme Duration: Two years (the first batch is likely to start around Sept/Oct 2021 and classes will conclude around Sept 2023; the batch will receive their degrees and alumni status in the subsequent Annual Convocation.
* • Curriculum has been curated to match latest industry requirements after benchmarking with the best international as well as Indian management institutes. Valuable inputs from eminent experts and leaders from the industry and academia have been incorporated in the curriculum.
The admission process, including the shortlisting and selection criteria for the Master of Business Administration for Working Professionals, 2021-23 batch at the Indian Institute of Management Nagpur (IIM Nagpur) are as under –
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
2.1 Educational Qualification
A candidate should have any one of the following educational qualifications:
* • A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA.
* • Candidates having professional qualifications such as CA/ICWA/CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) can also apply.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification should be:
(a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or,
(b) recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India or,
(c) possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE or the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
2.2 Work Experience
A minimum of three years of post-qualification (mentioned above in section 2.1.) managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience as of 31st July 2021 is required.
Work experience after completion of the bachelor’s degree/professional qualification will be considered. To be eligible for the programme, the candidate has to be currently working/employed full-time.
The total number of months of work experience completed (as of 31st July 2021) will be considered. Only full-time and paid experience after completion of graduation/professional qualification will be considered. Part-time/Project/Internship/CA Articleship/Apprenticeship/Pre-graduation work experience/ work experience which involves payment as stipend will not be counted as work experience.
For work experience in multiple organizations, all the durations (months and days) will be added to arrive at the total experience. For example, if the total work experience is 13 months and 25 days, it will be considered 13 months.
A valid proof of the date of appointment, work experience certificate, and proof of payment/salary will have to be submitted at the time of registration for the program.
For candidates having work experience in the family business or own business venture, valid proofs of the existence of the business, association, and role of the individual in the business and proof of payment during work experience will be required.
It will be the candidate’s responsibility to provide documents as and when required by the Admissions Office.
3. SCREENING EXAMINATION
Candidates for MBA-WP need to appear for a screening examination conducted by IIM Nagpur (IIM Nagpur Aptitude Test – IIMNAT) to be considered for admission to the MBA-WP programme. IIMNAT will consist of questions that evaluate a candidate’s quantitative, verbal, logical, and data interpretive abilities.
Following are the key details about the IIMNAT Entrance Test:
* • Date of Entrance Exam: Last week of August/First week of September 2021 (Tentatively)
* • Mode of Entrance Exam: Offline (in-class) exam in the form of a pen/pencil- paper test. Details will be shared with candidates before the examination via email/admission portal.
* • Duration: 90 minutes
* • Location: IIM Nagpur, VNIT Campus.
* • No. of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) (divided into three sections – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation)
For more details, log on to: