September 6, 2021, 6:14 PM



Guardian Minister for Nagpur Dr Nitin Raut today (Monday, September 6), held a meeting at Divisional Commissioner's office to discuss the surge in COVID-19 cases in the district. 

He announced that third wave had already arrived in Nagpur.

Raut said restaurants would be shut by 8 pm while shops would get closed by 4 pm and markets would be closed on weekends.
He added that restrictions would be imposed within three to four days after having detailed discussions with trade associations and various organisations in the city.
Raut said strict restrictions have to be imposed as cases in the district as there is a surge in cases from single-digit to double digit.
Raut said, “Yesterday, 10 people tested positive in the district; today 13 tested positive. So the numbers are only increasing.”
He added, “Out of the 13 positive in the district, 12 are adults who are fully vaccinated while one is a child. We shouldn’t take it lightly.”
Raut further said, “Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said he was more concerned about people’s lives than festivals.”
As per the data released by Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC), 12 people in the district tested positive, out of which seven were from city. The active cases stand at 56.
More details and an official circular on the same are awaited by the end of this week.
To Comment please login Add Comment
logo

Latest Articles