Nagpur Municipal Corporation
Nomination forms for the post of Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Nagpur Municipal Subject Committees were filed on Friday and election for various committees would be held on March 1.
The election would be held of various subject committees as per provisions of the Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act.
These committees include:
• Special Committee on Architecture and Projects
• Special Committee on Medical Services and Health
• Special Committee on Law and General Administration
• Special Committee on Education
• Special Committee on Elimination of Slums and Housing
• Special Committee on Sports
• Special Committee on Women and Child Welfare
• Special Committee on Water Supply
• Taxation and Tax Collection Special Committee
• Fire and Electricity Special Committee
Candidates for the post of Chairman and Deputy Chairman of all committees submitted their nomination letters on Friday, between 10 am to 1 pm at Dr Punjabrao Deshmukh Smriti Standing Committee Hall at the Corporation Headquarters.
Elections for the same would be held on March 1 at Dr Punjabrao Deshmukh Smriti Standing Committee Hall at the time allotted under the chairmanship of District Collector and Presiding Officer through video conferencing.
Timings for the subject committee are as follows:
• Election of Architecture and Project Special Committee at 11 am
• Election of Medical Services and Health Special Committee at 11.20 am
• Election of Law and General Administration Special Committee at 11.40 am
• Election of Education Special Committee at 12 noon
• Election of Dirty Settlement Elimination and Housing Special Committee at 12.20 pm
• Election of Sports Special Committee at 12.40 pm
• Election of Women and Child Welfare Special Committee at 1 pm
• Election of Water Supply Special Committee at 1.20 pm
• Election of Taxation and Tax Collection Special Committee at 1.40 pm
• Election of fire and electricity special committee will be held at 2 pm