Get the latest news from Nation Next in your inbox.
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said that his new residence would be out of reach for the media. The former cm said the same, as he was miffed with the media’s constant coverage regarding the damages done to his previous bungalow provided by the government. Akhilesh moved to his new residence, after the Supreme Court directed him and other leaders to vacate their official residences.
The Samajwadi Party leader even accused the media of distorting facts by saying that the latter said something and did something else. Yadav, who had previously said that he was looking for a rented apartment before vacating the official residence, now got shifted to a sprawling villa in Sushant Golf City, an Ansal's township on Sultanpur Road in Lucknow.
The BJP had accused Yadav of damaging the official property where was residing earlier as many items including water taps, fittings, etc were missing. Even the swimming pool was said to be in a damaged condition. The BJP mocked Yadav by calling him a kid who spoilt a game when he saw losing it.